Window regulator removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Window regulator removal
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:27:03 +0100 (BST)
Can any of you suggest an easy way of removing the window regulator?  I always
seem to have great trouble in removing the retaining pin, while trying to push
in the sprung plasic and handle at the same time to allow the pin to fall out.
I spent an hour yesterday trying to remove it and finaly gave up.  I have
managed to do it before on the passenger side with great difficulty, but the
drivers side seems to be much more stubborn.

The car is currently looking slightly odd with one black door handle on the
drivers side and one chrome one on the passenger side (that I have replaced).
Saskia will be much happier when she is all tidied with maching chrome!

cheers :-)

John & Saskia, 1977 1500 Spit