rear end noise and GT6 bonnet wanted

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: rear end noise and GT6 bonnet wanted
From: Marcus Schaper <schaper@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:28:59 +0200 (MET DST)
Listers,

I need some help identifying a noise that I believe might be a rear axle
u-joint going bad.

The symptoms are:
- some rearend noise and vibration at all times (might be just my way two
loud SS exhaust system)

- more vibration when I take my foot off the throttle

- even more vibration when I depress the clutch (all at regular driving
speeds)

- a clunking (clicking?) noise when I come to a rolling stop

The PO replaced the rear driveshaft u-joint earlier this year.

Where shall I start - both rear axle u-joints?

BTW, I also need a GT6 MKIII bonnet in Germany.
I can offer a very good Spit MKIV bonnet and a decent MKIV fiberglass
bonnet (but only after I have found a GT6 one).

Cheers,
Marcus
Marcus Schaper <schaper@rz.uni-potsdam.de>

72 Spit MK IV (waiting for a GT6 MKIII bonnet)