76 Spitfire for sale

To: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>,
Subject: 76 Spitfire for sale
From: Mike Ginter <mikeginter@frii.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:40:37 -0600
One last chance for a Spit list member to purchase my 76 Spit.  Two
weeks from today it goes on ebay.  If I can't sell it soon, I'll drive
it this winter (lots of decent topless weather in Colorado in the
winter) and then try again next spring.  The only things wrong with this
car are:

3 very small holes in the floorpan under the driver's left foot.  They
don't appear to be rust holes at all.  Kind of strange.  I will be
repairing these this week.  Not an issue for the buyer.

Fuel tank sending unit has a leaky float that fills up with fuel can
causes the gage to read empty.  I repaired the leak once, and it worked
for a week until the float filled up with gas again.  I will replace the
float within the next two weeks also.  Not an issue for the buyer.

The horn button mechanism needs to be replaced.  You know, that tube
spring thingamabob behind the horn button.  I may not fix this one.  But
that would be the only thing wrong with the car.  Yep, that's all.

The car has all it's original emissions equipment and passed Colorado
emissions last April with ease.  I paid $4200 for the car in October of
99.  I've spent $500 on it since.  What's it worth to someone?  Let's
negotiate.  I need to move this car to free up some cash for either a
restoration on my 73, or sell them both and buy a TR6.  I've included an
email from the original seller with his description of the car when I
bought it last year.  I've also included his web page documenting the
resto.  He did a very nice job on the page.  My photopoint page is
mostly just a duplicate of the pictures he used with just ine or two new
ones.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1162224&a=8743842

http://www.triumphspitfire.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=97&exact_match=on&query=retrieval

>From the previos owner:

Here are the details:
1976 Spitfire 1500, California Spec. completely stock.  NO RUST,
absolutely
gorgeous.   4 speed with OD, 82K miles total, with 15K miles on Cyl.
head and Trans/OD.  Newly rebuilt SZ carb, runs very well and
exceptionally clean in and out.  Very recent stunning Red repaint and
Black CANVAS soft top, repainted silver and black trim all over.  Very
good Tan seats, new sunvisors, door seals, weather stripping, window
seals, and Everything works.  New rear brakes and brake hoses,  EGR
valve, U-joints, water hoses, drive belts, etc etc.
Clarion pull-out Stereo/Cassette, Car cover, manuals etc. All spare
parts Ihave will be included.   Ready for a show and go.
Many photo's online at:
http://members.tripod.com/~petersiposs/spitfire.html
or hi-res. photo's available via email.  I have current up to date title
in my name and passed the smog tests a few months ago first time.