Re: Rimmer Imports to Canada

To: Quirk <quirk@telusplanet.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rimmer Imports to Canada
From: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 12:23:03 -0400

In message <39F1BE72.37D51EFF@telusplanet.net>you write:

>With Rimmer's free freight offer available once again and the garage
>queen Spit already into winter storage my thoughts turn to buying next
>years project -- SS exhaust system is in order. What I need to know from
>fellow Canadian listers is what's the deal on importing from Rimmers.
>1) Who do they ship with.

    They use DHL, and it was quick.  I'm in Montreal and got my order in
    a week.

>2) What import duties (%) were charged over and above the GST.

    That I can't answer, for some reason I did not have to pay any extra
    charges on my last order.  I think there was some mix up with my bill
    showing a value of $0.00 because there was a back order item.  Otherwise
    you will have to fork out money for the GST, PST and duty.  On a
    previous order of a value of $225CAN, I ended up paying around $57CAN
    in GST, PST and duties so that works out to be around 13% duty.

>3) Did you have to pay the shipper any fee to handle the customs
>clearance.

    Don't know, see reason above.

>4) Were you overall satisfied with dealing with Rimmer.

    Yes, I had problem with one item in my order (ignition switch) which
    I had to return.  Once I got intouched with the right person at Rimmer,
    there was no problem for them to accept the returned item.

Dave                                                  |\ |     | |
Dave Chu                                 \/  \/       | /|     | |
Dept. of Elec. & Comp. Eng.                           |/ |     | |
Concordia University              Voice:(514)848-3115   Fax:(514)848-2802
1455 de Maisonneuve W. H961       Email:dave@ece.concordia.ca
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1M8  http://www.ece.concordia.ca/~dave/addr.html