Re: Re: Speaker location

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Speaker location
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, Oct 26 2000 11:21:02 GMT-0600
>I offer this word of caution about putting things into our cars that are not
>permanently attached.
>
>First, things like Speakers in boxes are high pilferage items.  Thieves really
>like them.  I had a pair in a pickup a few years back
>and they jimmied the door to get the speakers and left everything else intact.

This is why my car is always open and I no longer use a tonneau cover (my last
one was slashed and they stole a jacket I loved and had made in Italy-another
lesson-don't leave irreplacable and beloved items in car.) And buy cheap! My
stereo is wonderful! And it cost all of $50 at Fry's (it's an Emerson-great
sounding!).

>Secondly (and more importantly), things that are not tied down become
>projectiles in the event of a crash or sudden evasive action.
>There is a former NFL player who is now in a wheelchair because his car hit a
>light post and the speaker that was sitting behing him
>came forward and struck him in the back of the head breaking his neck.

Must have been some speaker! Mine are down pretty low (most people don't even
notice them unless I point them out) and pretty heavy. And I think they're
smaller than 6x9. I've had to slam my brakes on, do evasive manouvers-but they
haven't budged. I worry more about the wooden garden arbor over my bed falling
on me in an earthquake, or one of the posters framed in metal and glass,
falling and hitting me in the head.

>Just food for thought!

Thanks. I'll chew on it.

Nigel say HI to Huxely!