Re: Speaker location

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaker location
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:19:12 EDT
I built a carpeted shelf for the back storage area out of some
scrap wood, basically just raising the curved floor a couple
of inches.  This has the following advantages

Speakers can be placed outboard under the shelf
  with suitable openings
The top doesn't interfere (much) with sound when down
It looks stock enough that no one is as likely to
  make off with your speakers
The flat shelf is more convenient than the curved one
  (I even added a small console in the middle)
And it's easy to lift out and return the car to stock
  condition (e.g. no cut panels)

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire