hard top sealing of the windows

To: <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Subject: hard top sealing of the windows
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:17:35 -0500
Richard and list:

Ha!  I knew that owning a tin top would eventually prove valuable to a
spitlister.  My GT6 has (had) a similar problem,   again the same doors and
similar top configuration.

Indeed there  IS a way to angle the window inwards and all it involves is
removing the interior panel.  The front and rear guides are bolted to the
inner skin at top and bottom.  If you shim the bottom end OUT, it will pinch
the window IN.  I might suggest you simply loosen both mounts in progressive
steps until a light "push" on the glass sits the window in place.  Then,
shim with washers between the guide and inner door panel.

Problem solved.  BTW,  this procedure is based on a GT6 door which has the
quarterlight.  Spitfires should be similar.  Also, you can adjust the "angle
of attack" by varying the relative height of front to rear guides as well.
Make sure that you test their fit with the window DOWN too, or you may get
either binding or rattling!

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg

PS:  "Scrappy" will be renamed due to international copyright infringements.
I'm thinking lil' Bastard might work.