Re: Door handle seals and # of spacers on A-arms

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: Re: Door handle seals and # of spacers on A-arms
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:17:11 -0400
I'll take a crack at Door #2, Paul.

Mine has 2 or 3 shims on both ends of the a-arms and on both wheels. When I got
the car, I had to add a drastic amount to get the camber right. I had to make up
2 additional shims that added nearly a 1/4 inch to the 3 existing shims. I knew
it wasn't right but the camber ended up right.

After frame straightening, I did the alignment again and got back to what it
should be, 2 or 3 shims.

If I recall correctly, you can't change the castor although it seems to me that
it may be possible if the shims were put on uneven (e.g. 2 on one end of the
a-arm and 3 on the other).

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario