Leaving the lists

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaving the lists
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:14:00 -0800
>From the recent rash of viruses (4 in just the last three days three from
this account, 3 ha ha ha's and one sexy virgin  [none that I opened] and
one through someone else [the Kournikova virus] that infected the whole
company cause they opened it) it would appear that the company I work for
will be implementing, in the near future, a ruling that no more POP3
accounts will be allowed.  What this unfortunately means for me is that I
will probably sign off.  I was on the lists in the beginning about 5 years
ago on my work account, but mark kicked me off for some reason because of
something on that account I presume so I switch to my home one.  I can
handle some messages in the morning, the rest at lunch, but I just don't
have time to sort through this much mail in bulk at home in the evening so
when the ultimatum comes that'll be it for me.  We'll see, maybe saner
heads will prevail.  Possibly I will still stay on afterwards and every
couple of days scan the lists at home, or use the digest mode (not sure how
that works but I may be finding out :-}). . .we'll see - unfortunately,
because some cretins have nothing better to do than destroy other peoples
property, and disrupt the lives of ordinary people for god only knows what
gratification, we all end up suffering - So for now it's business as usual
until the decision comes -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)