Heater motor option

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Heater motor option
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:47:59 -0500
Just as an aside on the topic of heater motors:

The rad fan motor from an 85-ish K-car is the exact same dimensions as the
original motor from my '71 (I have no idea if they were ever changed) ...
You can swap it in very easily; all you need to do is disassemble your motor
to get the mounting flange off, and drill your "Hamster Wheel" out to 5/16".

***BUT***

The draw is considerably more than original!  I don't need to explain how I
found this out, especially considering my car's "name", but needless to say
you need to run it off of a relay and remote switch, and it's one speed
only!

Luke
'71 Spit "Fireball" (Counting the dash fires in my head right now... )