Vicious Assault

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Vicious Assault
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:15:29 +0000
I woke up this morning to discover that not only was there a couple of
inches of snow *on* Carly, there was a couple of inches of snow *in*
Carly.   Some time last night, a passing thug - apparently not a fan of
convertibles - slashed the roof open (slashing the sun visors while he
was at it), bent the front hood strut and stole my tax disc.

When I reported the crime to the Police, I was told that the same thing
had happened to a BMW in the next street last night as well.

The good news is that the hood needed replacing anyway; I've bent the
hood strut back, and I can get a new tax disc.

The bad news is that Carly is now soaking wet inside, I've had to take
the day off work, and I'm in a furious rage, with no chance of finding
the mindless creep who did this to beat him to a pulp.

Not as earth-shattering a disaster as suffered by those in Washington
State yesterday, or as crashing as that suffered by passengers on the
Newcastle to London line, or as fatal as that suffered by farmers the
length and breadth of the country, but you don't need an earthquake, a
multiple train crash or Foot and Mouth disease to have a bad day. :-(

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: