RE: Fw: A new virus has just been discovered that has been

To: "'BrYarboro@aol.com '" <BrYarboro@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Fw: A new virus has just been discovered that has been
From: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:04:25 -0500
 Please people check these things out.  This is a hoax.   You can tell it is
a hoax by several methods, while it does try and use a company's name and
web address it does not actually go to any article on the "virus".  It does
not mention an actual name, or many specifics.  The send to as many people
as possible, is a huge clue. A simple search on the supposed subj line of
the virus would show it is a hoax.

And for people that are indepth into computers would know that hitting
Control+Alt+Delete is incapable of starting another application.

Second time in three days we have had a "virus" hoax.  Any virus report you
get you should personally check out, Not a flame, but think about it.
Virus Hoaxes have the potential to be more devasting by being forwarded
constantly and overloading servers than the real thing.

Patrick Bowen
Technical Services
intellinetics Inc.
Columbus, Ohio