Cars and parts in Albuquerque.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars and parts in Albuquerque.
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 02:01:47 -0700
I was just up in Albuquerque today and Sports Cars International's
owner, Steve Darby, is planning on cutting back on his activities, in
part due to some lingering problems relating to some surgery he had last
year. In the course of picking up some parts, he said he was open to
selling a great many of the cars he's collected over the years.

Many of these seem to be ones abandoned by owners after mechanical
trouble in the Alb. area (saw a few out-of-state plates), and few of
them, after years in the New Mexico sun, are in good shape. But, he has
a couple of TR4s which could eventually be made into one good one, and
the same for a couple of 4As and a couple of TR6s. One Spit, about a `78
or so, one Midget, perhaps a `76 or so (runs), another squaretail Spit
which looked pretty tired. Perhaps one 3A (at least one 3A body),
several Alpines in various stages of disassembly, and he says he still
has several MGBs at home, including a couple of GTs, if I recall
correctly. One Stag, possibly (had two, but can't remember if one or
both were customers' cars). One TR4 rear clip with one pretty good rear
wing (RH).

With the exception of the Midget, which seems to most need a top, carpet
and seat covers, and possibly one of the Spits, most would have to be
considered project cars.

Steve asked me to let others know, and this seemed the quickest way to
do that. If curious, give Steve Darby a call at 505-268-6898 (work).

NFI, etc.

Cheers, all.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

`70 GT6+ (being refurbished, slowly)
`71 GT6 Mk. III (organ donor)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (daily driver)
`64 TR4 (awaiting intensive care)
`80 TR7 (3.8 liter Buick-powered)
`86 Nissan 300ZX (the minimal-maintenance road car)
`68 VW Type II Camper (Lancia twin-cam powered, but feeling its age....)

Remember:  Math and alcohol do not mix... do not drink and derive.