Re: Wiper knob removal - late style

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiper knob removal - late style
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 08:09:29 -0500
At 08:13 PM 3/3/01 -0800, M D (Doc) Nugent wrote:

>There is a 1/8" hole in the bottom of the knob, but I don't see a set
>screw (no groove anyhow).  What's the trick?  See the parts at
>http://home1.gte.net/NugentMD/wiperswitch.jpg

Mike,

  Try finding something that will fit into that hole and push while you
pull the knob.  I believe there is a little piece of spring metal with a
small tit on it that goes into the hole.  So you have to press the spring
clip down until the tit is out of the hole, then the know will pull off.

John

 - Renton, WA

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org