Spitfire Transmission

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Transmission
From: "M Klish" <mwk_gjco@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:00:01
Hi Listers!

I am woking on a '74 1500.  The transmission has several problems; main
shaft and input shaft are badly worn where they come together, and Laygear
is missing a tooth on the largest gear.  Since I have the car this far apart
I want to consider all my options including replacement with an OD
transmission (3-rail or single rail), repair of the one I have, or
replacement with a different/rebuitl 4 speed.  Are there any opinons on the
best way to go and costs?  Any one with a possible replacement tranny?  Let
me know at mwk_gjco@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
MWK