RE: LBC Carb question

To: "'paul.meyer@key3media.com'" <paul.meyer@key3media.com>,
Subject: RE: LBC Carb question
From: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:49:09 -0000
Paul,

THe oil in the damper is purely to maintain contant depression (vacuum)
during acceleration and deceleration.  It prevents the damper from moving
too quickly.  I use ATF fluid.  Any fluid of similar weight should do.  You
might want to change the washer inside the needle seat assembly.  Remove it
and take it to a hardware store.  The washer doesn't come in any kits I've
seen for the ZS.

I would check the rubber diaphram thats under the hat of the carb for the
idle issue.  A small rip in the diaphram might cause idle RPM issues.  I
believe vacuum leaks could also be the culprit, as the leak can increase and
decrease depending on the expansion and contraction of the metals.  Check
for a leak around the intake manifold, carb, and head.  Use carb cleaner.
If the engine RPM's change when spraying the cleaner near the joints,
that's an indication of a leak.  Just don't spray it near the venturi
opening, as that will defeat the purpose.

The list will be sure to correct me if I've misstated anything.

Michael