Re: Intake manifold removal

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intake manifold removal
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:20:29 -0000
Hi Paul
This does not have to be done by removing the head, the two bolts you refer
to can be got with a modified 9/16" combination spanner (one end open one
end ring) modify by bending, so you can use the ring end or with a 3/8"
drive socket, I have both tools available and have often had to use a
combination of both, the combination spanner ring end to loosen then the
socket to ease removal.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.
Ps if the manifold you are removing is not the twin SU set-up then things
may be different.