Re: Bonnet&Boot/Hood&Trunk

To: cplimey <cplimey@home.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bonnet&Boot/Hood&Trunk
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 09 Mar 2001 05:45:22 -0600
Philip,

I am not aware of any Spitfire 1500s having any sort of metal badges.  I
 thought they all had stick-on transfers in black (although Rimmers also sells
 them in silver - don't know if these are original).  Therefore - no holes in
 the bonnet or boot to fix badges to.

Looking at the Rimmers catalogue more closely, there are metal badges with
 Spitfire 1500 on them, that are fixed to the bonnet and the rear wings
 (different badges for each), and were used on 1500-equipped MkIVs in the USA.
 It isn't clear how these are supposed to be attached.

Sorry I can't be more help!

Richard & Daffy