Rebuilding my seats

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilding my seats
From: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:16:49 -0600
Greetings, Fellow Listers!

I've finally decided to begin rebuilding the seats in the '74.  I've only
had the new covers for a year and a half - hate to  rush into these things!
Anyway, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out which of the seat cover
pieces is left, and which is right.  There are no markings.  I know the new
foams are "handed" but I see no differences in the covers themselves.  Does
anyone know what I should be looking for?  Are the covers really different?
Also, does the sackcloth on the bottom of the seats really accomplish
anything?  I'm not sure I see the reason for it, but will replace it if it
serves a purpose  TIA.

BillG