Thanks! Re: Oil pressure line

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks! Re: Oil pressure line
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:49:19 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for all the help. The sender and cylinder block
hole are 1/8th NPT (which I got at Pep Boys).

The coupling on the back of the gauge and the assundry
hose-line appear to be BSPF as Mike pointed out ~26-28
threads per inch and almost the same size as the 1/8th
(or just a hair smaller).

I just went to install the 20 year (or so) old
oil-line and it snapped from being too brittle. Which
I'd rather do now than doing 70 on the Beltway anyhow.
My cup is always half full, you know.

Now, I just need to find a new hose (it looks
identical to my vacuum hose, but it is much too
short). And use the BPSF from the old hose on one end
and the 1/8npt on the other end, with a tube adapter.

I really appreciate the help on this. I've been
getting super frustrated trying to figure the threads
and diameter out. The workshop manual has it listed as
a 3/8" 18 thread, which I can see is about right for
size but there is no such NPT fitting.

-Terry
P.S. I was adjusting the front end last weekend, (just
eyeballing the tie-rods which I'd adjusted incorrectly
several months ago when I installed them new), and now
the ride on my '76 is super smooth! I drove to
northern Virginia yesterday and doing 70+ on the
Beltway, I had no vibration through the steering.
(believe me, no one is more amazed than I am).

Also, after re-tuning the carbs last week for
the...5th time in two months?? I got the studdering at
3k rpm down to a minimum (I'm still convinced it's due
to the 25D distributor I'm using). And I have great
acceleration all the way through 4500 rpms (I never
take it past 4500).

So, everyone that helped me out with the oil pressure
line thing is invited to drive my car whenever they're
in Maryland (for a small fee of course).