garage question (off topic, strictly speaking)

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Triumphs
Subject: garage question (off topic, strictly speaking)
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:46:44 -0500
Hello Audi and Triumph lovers (I'm both)

I've got a rather serious restoration project in mind and have
decided to fit out my basement as a proper workshop.  The trouble
is, it's a finished basement-- tile floor, wallboard, paint, drop
ceiling, you know the drill.

I'll be welding, grinding and eventually painting down there.
So, my top concerns are ventilation and the fire hazard from all
those sparks I intend to drop.

My question to the lists is, what can I cover the (tile) floor
and (drywall) walls with, to protect from sparks and dripping
fluids?

Criteria: the floor's gotta be cheap, non-slip, cheap, fireproof,
cheap, oilproof, cheap, and cheap.  The walls just have to be
inexpensive.

(I've already got the ventilation thing worked out.  Being single
made that a lot easier, I bet.)

thanks!
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.   Mammon, n.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.       The god of the world's