Re: gearbox etc.

To: A666K@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gearbox etc.
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:28:02 EST
The oil seal is in the bellhousing on the gearbox side. The bolts that attach
the tranny to the bellhousing are inside the BH, so the whole trans/BH has to
come out. Be sure you remove the housing for the clutch slave cylinder also.
There is a kraft paper gasket between the gearbox and the BH. You will to
need replace that. There was an amazing amount of grease on the inside of my
bellhousing which, I presume, came from the gearbox.

Tom Burke
80 Spit