Re: Web pages (for Spitfire, of course)

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: Web pages (for Spitfire, of course)
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:22:12 -0500
Would 20MB for free be OK? You can pay for more.
Unlimited e-mail addresses...
Your domain name...
Did I say FREE?
No adds, except that the administrator will get once a day e-mail ads (I got one
in two weeks.)

I looked around for a good host sight because @home was not very reliable and
was often very very slow. I wanted no ads or very few ads to bother visitors and
I wanted a simple URL, not a great big string with my name somewhere lost within
it. Space wasn't a big concern. I found all this plus the e-mail plus very
inexpensive domain registration (transfers cost money though).

The place to get all this is www.doteasy.com. They registered my domain for
US$75 for five years. They are located on Burnaby B.C., Canada. I have been up
for about a couple of weeks without any hitches. Response has been very
reasonable, better than @home.

I'm still building my web pages and what is there now is mostly pictures. You
may want to look at the Whale Watching in Puerto Vallarta, or just look at the
British Car Day 2000 winners and cars. I'll be posting my Spitfire and other
stuff in the next few days but you can check out the current site at
http://www.vicwhit.com.

I have mail boxes set up for my wife and kids so they have their choice now of
@home and vicwhit mailboxes. The mail system allows you to forward mail on to
other addresses. You can mail me at vic@vicwhit.com and I'll get it at
mail service so I don't know how reliable it is yet.

How long will it last? Will it always be free? Will the response suck after some
time? I don't know but this service is at least as good as any other. Just let
them know I recommended you. I could get $5 back!

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario
www.vicwhit.com