Possible Posi-trac?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Possible Posi-trac?
From: "Mike Nelson" <mnelson@tconl.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:36:07 -0600
Please forgive me if this falls in the stupid question category.

Last night, I backed the Spit down the driveway, to do a quick test of the
brakes.  This is the first drive in the car since November.  Whoo hoo!

None the less, I back out, point it to the circle at the top of the hill,
slip it into first gear, and in a moment of lunacy I apply the revs and dump
the clutch. With all the snow we've had in the Midwest, our hill is still
covered in a nice layer of sand. Here is the question:  I left TWO distinct,
evenly spaced black tire lines on the street app 6-10 feet long.  Is that
possible without any modification to the rear end?  Who knows what has been
done by previous owners, but I NEED to know if other Spits can do this as
well, or did I just make a welcome discovery?

Mike Nelson
Omaha