Re: redqueen3 is still in business UPDATE

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: redqueen3 is still in business UPDATE
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:07:54 -0500
I have some good news regarding redqueen3. You may recall I posted a request for
comments about him and related my story in getting a rear centre bumper section
from him. I also wrote a subsequent message after talking to him on the
telephone. He called my to indicate he was trying to fix his past problems and
resolve all the outstanding issues. He promised that my bumper section would get
shipped very soon.

Several days after that conversation, I got an e-mail from him saying the part
had been shipped. Sure enough it arrived via snail mail as arranged, extremely
well packed to prevent any shipping damage. The part is as he originally
described to me, a NOS rear bumper centre section. In fact, it was still
"encased" in a fabric tape with a very tough tar-like adhesive backing. It took
me well over an hour to remove the tape and all the tar. Underneath all this
protective layer was an excellent piece but unfortunately it still had a few
very small dings in the chrome. It is not perfect but it is by far better than
my current bumper and I will install it.

With a little hindsight, I may have been better off getting my current bumper
re-chromed but this was one of the unknowns and risks taken upon entering in the
transaction.

Would I deal with John (redqueen3) again? Yes, because I know he has some good
stuff stashed away. I will only buy items from him that are not needed in any
kind of hurry.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario