Re: Shims needed for rear hubs/bearings

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shims needed for rear hubs/bearings
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:57:44 -0000
Hi Mike
I'm not sure but I seem to recall if you can't get the correct shims, you
can use the available shims for rebuilding the steering rack on most of our
cars, the ones that set the inner end of the track rod (inside the gaiter)
or the pinion preload (the big nut) of course some of the applications that
are described as shims start at 0.095" or there abouts in which case this is
not the answer to your question! 8-)

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon