Re: Spitfire Info

To: Howard Baugues <bauguesh@abcs.com>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Info
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:33:23 -0800 (PST)
The oil pumping is due to crankcase pressurization.
Either add crankcase ventilation elsewhere. The fuel
pump opening is a good spot, if you are using an
electric fuel pump.
There may also be excessive blow-by, if the rings are
worn. Is this a high mileage motor?
You can fabricate an oil trap, with a catch tank, the
vent from the tank hooked to the carb to catch the
vapors.

Try to set the new cover like the old one. Did the old
valve cover have a vent tube? If not, then cap off the
new one.

Good Luck,

Carter Shore

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/