Spitfire Info

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spitfire Info
From: Howard Baugues <bauguesh@abcs.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:42:09 -0500
I received this plea for help from a fellow Spitfire owner. If anyone
can offer suggestions, please respond directly to him.
Thanks,
Howard
Respond to Kevin   Kwildner1@aol.com
I"ll confess now...I really came to you with a problem i'm
having. I too have a '76 Spit and I replaced that nasty Stromburg with a

delightfully strong weber DGV and header setup (strong pull all the
way). I
also replaced the original valve cover with an aftermarket aluminum
cover
with no baffel inside. I used an Bud beer can and cut it to create a
baffel
of sorts (heck I thought it looked pretty good) anyway, I hooked the
vent
tube from the valve cover to the plastic elbow on the air cleaner (the
only
possible place it could go). I've got oil pumping into my air cleaner by
the
buckets because 1) the carb sits lower than the cover 2) the baffel is
not
the best in the world and 3) lots of compression on this motor.
 Here is my question.....what the heck can I do to correct this? Is
there a
fix that I'm missing? I'm to the point now of sticking a "catch can" (a
coffee can) with the hose from the valve cover running to it as a dump.
( a
really crappy idea I know). Any ideas would be appreciated.
 Great web site....Take care.
   Kevin     Kwildner1@aol.com