Re: Brake Pedal Play

To: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@direct.ca>,
Subject: Re: Brake Pedal Play
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:06:21 -0500
I have always thought that this is exaggerated a bit.  The "rubber"
hoses have a thick core made of windings of Dacron fibers.
They, not the rubber, are responsible for providing the structural
integrity.  If the hoses are expanding significantly, that would
imply that there is large-scale failure of the windings, and the
things are probably about to pop like a balloon.  I doubt they
would do this uniformly, they would most likely fail just at
the ends, there the flexible part connects to the metal fitting.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit