Mixture???

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mixture???
From: Larry Elswick <sos@kymtnnet.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:12:46 -0500
 I just finished my engine
rebuild and initial test driving. The first 1/3
of the throttle is terrific with plenty of response;
after that it just sits there. This sounds like the
beginning of my search for those elusive "perfect"
carb needles for my HS-4's. The car ran great
before that darned rod "came a'knockin". Here's
a list of the engine modifications as part of the rebuild.
1. Engine bored .020" over
2. New flat top pistons
3. Head ported and polished with larger valves and
    .125" shaved off
4. PRI performance cam (280 Duration and .435"
    lift at the valves). Tubular pushrods cut .125"
   to keep the geometry correct.
5. Dual HS-4's, I  don't have a clue on what the
    current needles are or how to find out.
6. 4-1 Monza header.

I've considered buying a fuel/air ratio meter to check
the entire RPM range for mixture. First does this sound
like a mixture problem? What are my options for correcting
this problem? I saw some DOS software for comparing
needles. Is there any newer software? HELP! Thanks!
Larry