RE: Many Herald questions...

To: "'Herald948@aol.com'" <Herald948@aol.com>, krhodes1@maine.rr.com,
Subject: RE: Many Herald questions...
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:41:47 +0100

I agree with everythinbg else, but be aware that there are 2 different
lengths of single carb manifold, each having a corrsponding exhaust front
pipe. The longer single carb manifold is the same length as the twin carb
one (with the same flange size), so this should be a direct swap. If you
currently have the shorter manifold (with smaller flange), you will need to
change your front pipe. On UK models, the longer manifold was normally
fitted to the Herald 12/50 while other 1200s had the other manifold. Just
remember that a twin carb 1200 Herald will need the 12/50 front pipe, unless
of course you go tubular, when all this will be irrelevant,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupe Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupe
=====U==============U=====  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
 | |                  | |   1961 Herald 1200 Coupe
 |_|                  |_|   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at: