re: valve guide seals

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: valve guide seals
From: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:36:27 -0800
I would advise against these.  I had them on my Spit and they didn't last.
They eventually came apart and bits and pieces of seal fell into my oil pan.
These were high quality seals and were professionally installed and checked
by the shop and myself to be sure that there was clearence at full lift to
be certain that they were not being hit by the upper spring seat.  They
still didn't last.  So unless you are building a race car where you need
every last bit of sealing, and you plan to replace them reguarly skip them
and just go with the bronze valve guides.

Good luck,

Glenn Trunnell