Re: oil leak from spark plug holes

To: "John Hobson" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: oil leak from spark plug holes
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:03:01 -0400
John-
A Triumph leaking oil? Unheard of!

Anyway, Generally speaking, it should not be leaking out the Spark Plug
holes- Unless you have some major issues, you shouldn't have more than a
trace amount at that end of the cylinder, and the plugs should not be loose
enough to allow seepage had you enough oil there to leak. I would suggest it
is either the valve cover leaking(no, really! lol :)  ) or, possibly the
timing cover, either one could put oil up in that area, and appear the spark
plugs are leaking.

As to the tires, are they the same size as before, and if so, are the same
brand as before? Different brands can be different sizes in the same size
tire. If you were running close to the maximum fittable size, it may well be
that the new ones were just large enough to surpass this limit, and did rub.
Also, be sure they were tightened on properly- I have had shops put tires on
and (A) forget to tighten a wheel(actually 2!) and (B) not seat the rim
properly, and try to correct by  overtightening the lugnuts(BJs Wholesale
once bought me a new set of rims for a 74 Ford, because their guys bent all
four wheels this way!)

Good luck with it,
Scott