Re:

To: "Richard B Gosling" <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>,
Subject: Re:
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:46:50 -0700
Richard,

It was more of a clicking sound and I finally traced it to the wire wheels
not being tightenened adequately.  A bit more grease on the splines and a
good thwack from my lead hammer solved the problem.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!

> I remember Jeff McNeil had some sort of clunk like this in Mrs.
>  Jones' early days - but I can't remember what the final solution was.
Jeff?