Weber sides

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <mporter@zianet.com>, <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Weber sides
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 22:18:19 -0500
I want to admit to a faux pas and move on, to this question:
Are the progression ports different, on a 40DCOE2 and a 40DCOE18?
The Performance Parts Warehouse, webercarburetor.com, says, "The progression
ports are different, so you can not match a 2 and a 18". They want to sell me
a set of 40DCOE152s with linkage and manifold, for $750.
Top-End Performance says, " We have the parts, to match the carbs and install
them on your Spifire, for $502.
I measured from the base of the carbs to the ports, with my dial caliper, but
since my vision sucks, the .005 to .020 variance probably means nothing.
Larry
The dude I bought the 2 from has not replied, since I asked him, what he
thought about trading his other 2 for my 18.