Re: Head bolts re-torquing?

To: Mike Chambers <mikech@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Head bolts re-torquing?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 21:13:00 -0700
I have found that when you install the head and torque the bolts according to
the specifications, they will be considerably loose when the engine is
brought up to temperature.

A piece of paper that was included with a NOS head gasket I bought a few years
ago stated that the head should be retorqued after the engine has been
brought up to operating temperature before it was allowed to cool.

Joe

P.S. No need to loosen them first, they will be loose enough ion their own.
Just follow the tightening sequence and you will be OK.