[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: Air/Fuel Mixture Gauge]]

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: Air/Fuel Mixture Gauge]]
From: Larry Elswick <sos@kymtnnet.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:27:44 -0400
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:26:50 -0400
From: Larry Elswick <sos@kymtnnet.org>
To: Bob Harris <gharris@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Air/Fuel Mixture Gauge]

Bob,
The gauge is made by Nordskog; part #NRD-M7009.
It's shown on page 154 of the Summit Racing catalog
#L12199. I used a couple of single wire sensors for a
Ford Escort. They were only $23.00 each at the local
NAPA dealer. I used 2 sparkplug " non-foulers" to make
the 18 mm fittings to weld onto the #2 and #3 primary
header pipes. I cut off the end with the theads I needed
and then ground them to fit the curve of the pipes. Use an
old sparkplug to protect the threads while they are welded
to the pipes. Then center punch the pipes inside the fittings
and drill a hole for the probe of the sensor to fit through.
I 'm using a 3 position switch to switch from one carb to the
other. I was wrong about them not working a idle; my mixture
at idle was too lean to register. After richening the mixture to
something just over the "perfect mixture", I got the smoothest
idle ever. I was really off trying to tune by raising the piston 1/16"
as one method calls for. My current needles are too rich for maximum
power for the last 1/4 of the throttle. If I back out of the throttle a
little I can feel the car accelerate. The gauge confirms this by showing
a near perfect mixture. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Larry

Sports Outfitters Supply wrote:

> Subject: Re: Air/Fuel Mixture Gauge
> Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 12:53:22 -0400
> From: "Bob Harris" <gharris@rochester.rr.com>
> To: <sos@kymtnnet.org>
>
> Larry,
>           Any and all info you could send me would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Harris

///