Re:

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:12:13 -0700
Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou wrote:

> At 07:58 PM 4/12/01 , you wrote:
>
> >  I only have one question, are the headlights supposed to be
> >connected to one of the 3 fuses?
>
> The headlights are not fused.  I guess the rationale was that a fuse failure
> would plunge everything into darkness, and you could crash.
>
> Actually, on my car's schematic, it shows 4 separate fuses, one for
> each front hi/lo filament, as an option only for Italy.
>
> >Ok, so I actually have two questions, what would cause the rear wheel on
> >the driver's side lean in more then the passenger's side?
>
> This is theoretically impossible, unless the car is leaning horribly to
> one side.  Maybe one of your axle shafts was once replaced with one of the
> wrong length, and the entire wheel is sticking out too far (or not far
>enough)?

Not really theoretically impossible, in fact quite possible!  If the spring is
collapsed on one side more than the other, that side would have a
greater degree of negative camber than the other side.  Because the spring acts
as the upper control arm, the raising of that component in relation to
the axle will pull the top of the vertical link closer to the differential.

This is why de-arching the road spring will induce an increase in negative
camber on both sides.

Joe

///