MK3 water pump rebuild

To: "Spitfires (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: MK3 water pump rebuild
From: Chuck Pedretti <chuckp@magenic.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:14:47 -0500
On to the next problem.  The seal in the water pump is bad (the one which
keep coolant from running out around the shaft).  Normally I would just go
to the store and buy a new water pump, but a spit pump seems to cost a great
deal more than my normal $20 Jeep pump.

Here's the question - can you rebuild these yourself?  I'm guessing that you
just press the shaft out of the pulley and the impeller and shaft will fall
out the back giving access to the bearings and seal.  Anyone done this?  Are
the seals available?

Thanks

Chuck Pedretti
46 Willy CJ2a