Re: failed petrol gauge

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: failed petrol gauge
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:08:41 +0100
Hi Suzie
Tell him to short the wire to the sender to earth, if the gauge rises then
it is the sender at fault, if the gauge doesn't rise it is probably the
gauge. This test relies on him being sure he has earthed the cable!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.

| Has anyone any suggestions I can pass back to Barry, he's posted this on
our
| TSSC Southern site but I thought there just might be a few more people out
| there on the lists who could help than visit our little corner of the web
| just now.
| Suzie
|
| *********
|
| Help
| My Petrol gauge has failed. I don't know which end, tank or dash.
| Has anyone got a procedure for testing?
| Have checked tank connections. Seem ok, but do not get a reading on
circuit
| testing the sender. Is this a clue?
| Can't see anything looking in the tank.
| Any ideas most welcome. In the meantime I am using the trip meter as a
| guide!
| RGDS
| Barry

///