A close one

To: "Spitfires List Server" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: A close one
From: "Chris Sharp" <sharpc@interaxs.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:36:27 -0400
Ran an errand yesterday in the Spit.  Weather was drizzly and usually I'd
have taken the Jeep and left the Spit for another day.  However, the jeep is
at the shop waiting for the transfer case to come back from a rebuild, so
the Spit is all I've got for the moment.

At one intersection, I was first at the light and waited for a green.  When
it came, I checked for someone running the red and sure enough a car zipped
by in front of me.  Checked again, all seems to be clear.  As I pull into
the intersection I hear tires locking up on the damp pavement.  A quick
check out my left window and all I can see is the prow of a mid-'80s
Plymouth coming right at me!  I jumped on the gas and they missed me.  It
really scared me though, because all I could see was grill and lights of the
oncoming car.  I couldn't even see the top of the Plymouths hood.  If they'd
pegged me, I'm sure I'd have been a goner.

Point is, watch out for the other guy.  I was, and they almost got me
anyway.

Later-

Chris
'64 Spitfire4, still full size.