Re: Weber side draughts

To: "Mike Nelson" <mnelson@tconl.com>
Subject: Re: Weber side draughts
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:28:27 -0500
Mike,
 Do you still want a weber side? I got the one we bid against for $127. I
asked every one I could think of, if the 2 could be matched to the 18. The
consensus was yes. After I got the 2, very nice condition, the Performance
Parts Warehouse informed me that the 40DCOE2 and the 40DCOE18 could not be
matched because the progression ports, drilled into the throats were
different. I measured the ports with my dial caliper and found this to be a
fact. Paul Tegler said he measured his 3 different 40DCOEs and found no
differense in the ports. He didn't have a 2, so his opinion that all 40DCOEs
are the same casting and can be matched, by changing the internal parts, is
wrong!
Larry

///