Group44 Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Group44 Spitfire
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 9:26:36 -0600
Wasn't there talk on one of the lists not long ago about Group 44 Spitfires?
Well, last night I went to a new 'supper club' in Huntington Beach-great live
jazz and blues, wonderful atmoshpere. My girlfriend and I were sitting there
and a guy comes over to us and asks, "Which one of you ladies drives that
Spitfire out there?" Turns out, this guy is very active in VARA and SCCA and
until a couple of weeks ago, owned a Group 44 Spitfire! Both he and his wife
are really into the whole thing-she invited us to come out to the track and
drive her Toyota race car. And they introduced us around and told everyone that
we were a welcome part of the group! There were also several Spitfire
enthusiasts there! The three of us talked about doing some special Triumph
night there, a LBC night and maybe a little car show sometime in the parking
lot-way cool!

TRIUMPHS RULE!!!

Just had to share!

Laura G.