Re: oil pan gasket

To: "Spit" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil pan gasket
From: "Rich" <rhendrik@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:34:01 -0400
one of the things that happens when people replace there oil pan gasket or
there valve cover gasket is they over tighten them. What this doe's is pull
the bolt hole down and leaves the center section some what loose. over time
this gets worse. Whenever I'm replacing a valve cover gasket or oil pan
gasket I will use the back side of a ballpeen hammer set into the bolt hole
and drive it back out.(using a flat surface and plastic or rubber hammer)
then retorque to factory specs

P.S. Remember tighter is not always better

///