Spit-Together/ July 4th Parade RSVP

To: nass <nass@yahoogroups.com>, Spitfires <Spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Spit-Together/ July 4th Parade RSVP
From: Howard Baugues <bauguesh@abcs.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:47:10 -0500
The members of NASS are actively planning our first National
Spit-Together. It looks like we are going to shoot for the environs of
Knoxville, Tennessee on July 4. If possible, activities will also be
planned for July 3rd noon through the evening hours. An Independence Day
parade is held in the suburb of Farragut on the 4th at 9:00 am, and we
thought representatives of
"Mother England" ought to be in attendance. A "clutch-friendly" parade
route (1.4 miles) is used, and we will end up with an informal British
car show and some low-key awards being handed out including Spitfire &
GT6 magazine giving away a 1971 GT6! There is a possibility of having a
few cases of Spitfire Ale straight from Shepherd-Neame in England for
the event. Check back to this page for more information on this meeting
in the future, but write the date on your calendar NOW!

Any Spitfire/GT6 owner (or British Car) wishing to join in the parade
will need to let us know before June 8, so we can inform the parade
organizers. Drivers will need to be at Farragut High School parking lot
at 8:30 am. We hope to have many Spitfires with owners coming from as
far away as Nebraska and Indiana.

For more info, contact NASS at nass@writeme.com

Join us in our celebration of the Spitfire and GT6!

///