Re: Spit Carb removal

To: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Carb removal
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 23:06:02 -0400
At 04:05 PM 4/28/01 -0400, Stephane St-Amant wrote:

>OK Everyone, dumb question of the day:
>
>How do you remove the top nut holding the carb to the intake manifold on a
>'69 Spit with a single ZS carb?
>My wrenches are all to thick to allow any usefull movement (anticlockwise or
>clockwise) to get the %$#*&@ nut off!
>
>Do I need a special tool?

Steph,

  I believe that the nut is a 1/2" SAE nut.  Find the oldest/cheapest
1/2" wrench you have and grind it thinner and grind off some of the sides.
I took an old combination wrench, and ground down both sides of the box
a little so it would fit. I also ground down the outter sides of the open
end.

Hope this helps.

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan