Re: New spitfire MKIV for $12.99

To: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: New spitfire MKIV for $12.99
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:15:42 -0600
reed mideke wrote:

> A friend of my just brought me a BRG 1/18 scale die cast
> spitfire MKIV. He got it at the local McFrugals, and says
> that there is one green one and several white ones left.
>
> The outside of the box says "Chrono", and a stick
> on label has the number H1041 and says
> TRIUMPH SPITFIRE OPEN CONVERTIBLE 1970 "BRITISH RACING GREEN"
> The car itself says "Sun Star" on the bottom.

Funny... today, as I was leaving the British Car Days event put on by
the British Motorcar Club of Southern New Mexico in Las Cruces (too many
MGs--you guys with Triumphs in the SW have to attend next year--we were
_badly_ outnumbered!), a guy walked up to me and gave me the same as the
above in white, saying, "I won this, but I'm into Jags, so maybe you'd
like this to see what yours would be like if you fixed it up." <g>

Cheers, all.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

`70 GT6+ (being refurbished, slowly)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (organ donor)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (daily driver)
`64 TR4 (awaiting intensive care)
`80 TR7 (3.8 liter Buick-powered)
`86 Nissan 300ZX (the minimal-maintenance road car)
`68 VW Type II Camper (Lancia twin-cam powered, but feeling its age....)

Remember:  Math and alcohol do not mix... do not drink and derive.

///