Re: Overheat at high RPM's

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overheat at high RPM's
From: Michael_Bayrock@translink.bc.ca
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:53:01 -0700
How about something completely different...

My GT6 had a similar problem, and after replacing nearly everything in the
cooling system, I finally tracked it down to the voltage stabilizer
(connected to the back of the speedo).

One hint for this kind of problem ... does the fuel gauge work properly, or
does it too go up with higher RPMs?  Both the temp and fuel gauges get a
stabilized voltage through this device.

Suggestions ... when the temp gauge reads hotter than you like, feel the top
of the rad (gingerly, mind you) to see if it really is hot...  or get some
temp sensitive crayon/marker and mark the rad to actually determine the
temp.

Michael
Michael Bayrock
70 & 71 GT6+