RE: Clutch/transmission/crankcase vent

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch/transmission/crankcase vent
From: "Pettis, Ward (NIDCD)" <pettisw@ms.nidcd.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:39:24 -0400
To all who responded to my question, thank you for your comments and
suggestions.

Sounds like most of you recommended just removing the transmission and skip
the removal of the engine.  While I've already taken the steps to disconnect
the engine from the antifreeze, gas and electric lines (I've already dropped
off the radiator today to be clean or recored), I plan to leave the engine
in place and just try the transmission only.  It just occurred to me that
the engine may need the support of the hoses to the radiator for balance....

Yesterday, while doing the disconnections, I noticed that the oil had been
coming out from the oil dip stick.  I know this has been discussed again
recently.  My valve cover hose is connected to the carb via air filter and
has a fairly new mechanical fuel pump.  What were the suggestions for
relieving the crankcase pressure in the engine?  Sorry for bringing this up
again.

Ward
'76 Spit
Silver Spring, MD