Re: Clutch/transmission/crankcase vent

To: "Pettis, Ward (NIDCD)" <pettisw@ms.nidcd.nih.gov>
Subject: Re: Clutch/transmission/crankcase vent
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:32:42 -0400
Ward,

I take it that you have a Weber DGV in that you vent hose is connected to the
air filter. If this is the case, you have tow options. You can relieve the
crankcase pressure by tapping into the crankcase and venting the line into a
catch can. Most people that have done it this way use an electric fuel pump and
use a blank plate with attachment where the mechanical pump mounts.

I want to keep the mechanical pump so I am going the other route. I have drilled
and tapped a fitting onto the intake manifold on the flat spot below the carb.
It has a barbed fitting to take the hose from the valve cover. I will also be
adding a EGR valve in line between the valve cover and the intake.

I am very close to doing that part of my project. I have to finish assembling
the exhaust system then I'll be working on the fuel system. If all goes well, it
may be running tonight. It won't be road-worthy but that will follow real soon.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario